Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Macbeth or CATS?

We're watching Macbeth 4 Kidz on DVD and the witches are... how can I put this? Lively!
Are we watching a performance of Cats off broadway or a Shakespearean tragedy? 
These healthy ladies are running around in leotards with lines on their faces that resemble whiskers on a cat. They keep clawing and snarling at the audience and Macbeth like they're auditioning for the Andrew Lloyd Webber production. 

This is definitely the most musical production of Macbeth ever conceived and it is AMAZING! Not only do the witches sing for what feels like half the show, Macbeth sings too! His rendition of "How do you Murder a King?" is stuck in my head worse than the "1877 Cars for Kids" commercial on the radio (which I hate and turn the channel whenever it starts). I will NOT endure that song! Anyway, if you get the chance, check it out. It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment